“Pursuit of the Golden Lily” is a new novel by R. Emery, inspired by her father's WWII POW diary. Initially documenting the author's journey to return the diary to Thailand where it was written, the Blog now follows her experiences as she self-publishes, launches the novel and reflects on topics woven into the narrative.

Friday 13 May 2016

Book is available for Pre-orders!

My book is available as an eBook and can be PRE-RORDERED. I invite you to take a look @ Smashwords - you can download the first chapter and a half for FREE! It will be formally published on May 22nd 2016! I am so excited. I know my work is only just beginning, as far as marketing etc., but to see it up there is a THRILL. Next, I will proceed with facilitating the print edition. I have a few kinks to iron out on that, but hope to have those smoothed over in the next few weeks.

Was the process painful?
I have to say that Smashwords was not too difficult to navigate. However, since I am NOT one to enjoy formatting, I engaged one of their recommended formatters, Lucinda Campbell and that was a brilliant move - Lucinda formatted the book so it up-loaded without a hitch - well a few blimps, but nothing that really made me tear my hair out. A big 'Thank You' to my friend, Guy Dauncey, who just published his new novel: Journey to the Future - Guy gave me lots of tips and encouragement. Check out his book, it's a good read with an optimistic vision of the future - something sorely lacking these days.
Next - the print edition. Hope to have that ready in the next few weeks. Please share with friends, family, everyone you know. If there's a Book Club in your circles, invite them to read it. Stay tuned! Thanks for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment